The conference organizers welcome proposals which reevaluate art historical methodologies employed in the region so far and address urgent research topics, methodologies, and challenges to the discipline as a result of the transformations outlined above.
We welcome contributions for the following panel topics, covering the period from 1945 to the present:
- Revisiting socialist art: state-supported institutions, exhibitions, and global networks.
- Interconnectedness and mobility: artists' networks, circulation, transference, and exchange.
- Social art history in a socialist context: Marxism, anti-politics and artistic labor.
- Critical art history today: race, gender and decoloniality in Eastern Europe.
- Curating and other forms of collective art historical engagement.
If you are interested to participate in the conference please send a 300 words proposal (including a title and an abstract of your presentation) in relation to one of the panel topics proposed above, accompanied by a brief CV of no more than 200 words to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To leave ample time for discussions, we encourage presentation proposals of no more than 20 minutes.
The deadline for submitting presentation proposals is June 26, 2023.
Partners: The Academy of Fine Arts - AVU Prague, Museum of Fine Arts - Central European Institute for Art History, KEMKI, Budapest, The University of Łódź
Jérôme Bazin, University of Paris-Est Créteil
Edit András, The Institute of Art History of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences/Central European University, Budapest